- Do you have some spare time?
- Are you looking for a rewarding experience?
- Do you need a challenge?
- Are you looking to give something back to your community?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, then we may have the answer for you.
The Grottoes Volunteer Fire Department has the following Memberships:
- Firefighter and/or EMS Work 12 fund-raisers per year, 16 hours of training per year, attend 50% of department training, attend 50% of the monthly meetings and run 10% of the total incidents or 20% of all incidents excluding emergency medical calls.
- Associate Member Work 24 fund-raisers per year; attend 50% of the monthly meetings.
- Potential members can join starting at the age of 16 yrs old. But must maintain a grade average of "C" or above to remain active, your education comes first.
For more information contact the Grottoes Volunteer Fire Department at
(540) 249-5911, Stop by or download application.
For more information about volunteering throughout the United States visit www.volunteerfd.org